Let’s review the official mask recommendations to date in order 😷
1. Don’t wear masks. They don’t work.
2. Psych! You must wear a mask for two weeks to slow the spread.
3. Actually, flattening the curve is going to take much longer. Wear masks until the curve is flattened.
4. The curve was a myth. We’ll need to mask up until mass vaccinations 😷 🆙 💉
5. Well... there are a lot of unknowns about mutations and the vaccines etc. You’ll need to keep masking. End date TBD
@JoshuaRystedt I agree that the messaging has certainly been conflicting, but if I may play devil's advocate: Nobody knows how to deal with this. At first, they were trying to prevent stockpiling, then they thought the could slow it down over two weeks, etc, etc. We're all trying to figure this out as we go.
"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."
RCsocial.net — a friendly social networking space for those with an interest in Catholicism.