A serious question: I'm Anglican, but was baptised and confirmed Catholic, am I able to receive the sacrament of Confession in the Catholic church?

@Matthew The quick answer is yes. You are still Catholic as far as the Church is concerned. So called "fallen-away" Catholics return to the Church every day via the confessional. For that, we all rejoice! Just come with a contrite heart, confess all your mortal sins, and sincerely intend to amend your life.

The less quick (and better) answer, to take into account all the specifics of your situation, is to speak with a priest. Often making an appointment works best (for sufficient time).


@George Thanks. Yes, I think I'd better talk to a priest.

Sign in to participate in the conversation

RCsocial.net — a friendly social networking space for those with an interest in Catholicism.